Last updated: August 31, 2018
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- From follow up phone or electronic communications between you and us.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible on or from the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any other personal information about yourself. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to communicate your concerns.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address and telephone number (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as information about your pet; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us; or
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, and information collected through cookies or other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time you sign up for more information about a study. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
Google Analytics. Our Website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. The Google Analytics services rely on cookies. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand traffic to and from our Website and usage of individual webpages within our Website.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- To contact you when requested by you.
- To fulfill any other purpose described to you when we ask you to provide the information.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To conduct anonymized statistical analyses and research.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose information that does not identify you as a particular individual, such as aggregated information about our users, without restriction.
- To the clinical trial organization conducting the clinical trial that may be appropriate for your pet.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To our affiliates.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Anivive Lifesciences, its personnel, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us.
- You can, of course, choose not to share personal information with us. If you choose not to share your personal information, we will not be able to provide you with the information or service for which the information is needed.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review, change or delete your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your profile page. You may also delete your account with us through your profile page.
Third Party Sites
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of websites that are California residents to request certain information regarding disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. You are responsible for all actions taken using your password.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Anivive Lifesciences, Inc.
3250 Airflite Way, Suite 400
Long Beach, CA 90807